The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® offer just hit 50,000 miles again. The last time it was offered for 50k was last May. Normally the bonus for this card is 20,000, but this year Barclays has offered this higher bonus twice. Since I am just gearing up for another round of credit card applications this card will definitely be on the list of offers I apply for.
First, a run down on the card offer:
- Earn 20,000 award miles with your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days after account opening
- With 50,000 award miles you can redeem for a round-trip award flight to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean!
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 spent on Miles & More integrated airline partner ticket purchases
- Earn 1 award mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Complimentary Companion Ticket after first purchase, then every year after
- No foreign transactions fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee
Application Link: Lufthansa Miles & More World MasterCard
This is a great offer because Lufthansa miles offer huge value for award travel to Hawaii, domestic First Class and Business Class, Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, to Australia. The award chart for Lufthansa is competitive, although may not be as favorable United’s for long business or first awards. You can get a roundtrip economy award ticket from the U.S. to Europe for 50,000 points, 105,000 in business, and 170,000 in first class.
Some of the best ways to use the miles:
1. Two roundtrip economy award flights within the U.S. for 25,000 miles
2. 1.5 roundtrip business class flights for 35,000 miles
3. 1 roundtrip economy class flight from US to Europe on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian for 50,000 miles
4. 1 roundtrip economy ticket to South America for 60,000 miles
Check the Miles & More award chart for more.
The Bottom Line
By getting 50,000 bonus miles from the The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months you will have enough miles for two domestic roundtrip or 1.5 domestic first class award flights. Since taxes and fees can be insanely high on international Miles & More’s award travel, you will get the most value out of 55,000 miles for domestic awards using United or US Airways. With Miles & More you can also book one-way awards on any of the 27 Star Alliance partner airlines, allowing you to book a one-way award on US Airways (which normally you cannot with US Airways awards).
Although it is fully possible to get more than one Barclay credit card in a day (read more at FlyerTalk) it does seem more difficult to get approval for more than one card than it was in the past. If you do decide to apply for several Barclay cards on the same day try to limit the number of hard credit inquiries and if your application results in a pending or denied status, you can call into their reconsideration line at (888) 232-0780) and dial 3 for application status or check your application status online.
*If you liked this post why don’t sign-up to receive free blog posts via email (max of 1 email per day!) or like us on Facebook! And as always feel free to ask questions in the comments below or email me!